Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hampton's Wanderlust


East Hampton. I've got to get there. So far, all I have found are Hampton's shopping tours!??? Not interested. I need an 'architecture tour'... surely someone is doing it? I know you need a car if you really want to do it all justice but hey, I'm a backpacker from way back, I'll get around... somehow?

Thank you all so much for your accommodation suggestions following my post yesterday. My inbox is full of fabulous itineraries that you have put together for me. Please keep sending them in. I am having a ball reading all your suggestions. I might have to put together a spread sheet! ... there will be no aimless wandering on this trip (like I did in Paris).... I'm on a mission. 'Speed NYC'.... I only have 10 days, 2-3 of which is conference.

You might like to head on over to Coco Cozy's blog today. She is featuring a beautiful Hampton's home that will only set you back $8.5 million! HERE.

Happy Wednesday!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. We will have to share notes, I'm going in August, you are going to love the Hamptons trust me you see lots of architecture, hire a bike and ride, ride, ride....xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get away without a car - there are jitneys (small buses) from NYC to the Hamptons every weekend and then rent a bike! August is high season so everything there will be really expensive though... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Robin. Will avoid the weekends and try to head up there on a Tuesday. Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you read Erin's blog? This sounds an interesting hotel, check it out
    http://www.elementsofstyleblog.com/category/trips

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to see all your travel photos of your trip. And importantly whjat will you be wearing???

    ReplyDelete
  6. This foyer takes me back to a house I visited in bar Harbor Maine last year. I broke my arm at the wedding i'd gone over for and the next day someone from my blog sent me the phone number of their friends who lived in Bar harbor had offered to have me over for dinner. So nice. anyway when i got to their house it was an absolute amazing mansion on the harbour. I took a couple of photos but was a bit out of it from the pain and drugs. anyway the hallway pretty much an exact replica of this. Beautiful architecture!
    cheers Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Judy, I need a study session with you! A-M xx
    Oh Chloe it sounds divine! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. FF, I will need some serious fashion help. May need a coffee session... plus baby please. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Fiona, what an experience. I suppose if you hadn't broken your arm you would have never experienced the beautiful home!... drug stupor and all. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here are some more hotel ideas, I had to dig around on my home computer to find the bookmark! Joanna has a great series on NYS: where to stay, eat, shop, etc. http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2011/09/nyc-guide-five-great-hotels.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. When you go, can I come? We could call it "Bloggers In Paradise". Love it!
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, can you just pose as an interested buyer & have real estate agents take you on all the grand tours of the best homes?? Stunning - you will have a ball, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow will have to go take a peek at that house, glad to see the itinery will be well organised for your fabulous trip :))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx